What you need:
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (I also used balsamic)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 loaf of french bread (whole wheat)
2. Add garlic to saucepan and cook for about 8 minutes.
- I didn't think there would be enough liquid to boil when I first added everything to the pan, but after a few minutes you really get some moisture from the cranberries. Once you add the garlic you have to cook it down further to get a thicker consistency
Overall this is a fruity spread and was still very tart even with the sugar which was a nice compliment to the things we usually eat. The basil and garlic carry it a long way.
Original recipe from OceanSpray - they recommend adding 1/2 a red onion but I wouldn't recommend it.