Saturday, January 4, 2014

Quick and Easy Apple Bites

Every once in awhile I wake up and I can't find anything suitable for breakfast. Yes there are eggs and toast or yogurt in my house, but sometimes that doesn't cut it. Today with some left over crescent roll dough and some fruit lying around I made an easy turnover*. I'm never sure what to call anything I make because it is often a half-assed attempt at something with a real name.

This recipe is  fast, simple and can be used with any fruit.  In the end you have 8 little golden nuggets of yum.

What You Need:
  • 1 Apple
  • 1 container of crescent roll dough
  • Cinnamon
  • Brown Sugar

1. Cut up the apple, add cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix it all together

2. Place a spoonful of fruit onto each crescent roll and make an attempt to fold it into an attractive design. I found myself pinching dough on the sides to avoid leakage in the oven and it made a difference.

3. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes and enjoy!


It is that easy to make a breakfast treat for when you are not in a standard breakfast mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment