Tuesday, March 5, 2013

First Attempt

Around Noon I got around to making my first batch. I spoke with a friend who has tried juicing and she suggested easing into it in the days prior. Being wise beyond my years last night I went to a friends where we shared about 2 bottles of wine and some Taco Bell (Yea that's right nutrition degrees don't make you a diet angel). All I can say is if YOU are considering a juice cleanse don't do what I did. I don't feel terrible today but it's not that smartest thing I've done.

I grabbed a bunch of the random plant items around the kitchen. In total I had 1 peeled cucumber, 1/2 bag of spinach, 1 orange, 2 apples, 1 kiwi, 1 carrot, and celery stalk.

I must say a juicer is probably one of the coolest items in a kitchen. If you have kids...get them one. They will love you and then you can make them drink their veggies. You basically get to add in stuff and push it down with a plunger where you see it explode and splatter against the sides. How awesome is that? At least I think that's cool to witness. The next thing you know...juice.

There was a considerable amount of pulp created. This time we just discarded it but I have read you can easily incorporate it into soups or baked goods. This is something I'm down to experiment with.

In the end I had a tasty drink! I added ice just because the thicker consistency was not so pleasant at room temp.



No comments:

Post a Comment